Junior FC was founded in 1917 at Number 5, Carrer de Caponata, in the heart of the Barcelona neighbourhood of Sarrià, by a group of friends who would meet to play football at the weekends in the Can Serrahima gardens.
The founders were the Chopitea brothers (Josep Antoni, Carles, Enric, Josep and Grau), the Carroggio Socias cousins (Josep A., Josep, Enric, Lluís and Ramon), the Hastings brothers (Dunstan, Ciril and Antoni), the Serrahima brothers (Maurici, Alfons, Joan, Josep Maria and Rafael), the Prat Piera brothers (Lluís, Antoni and Francesc), Jordi López de Sagredo and Josep M. de Ferrater. On the 1st December of that year, this group of youngsters, aged between ten and sixteen, formally established Junior FC and chose the first board of directors, with the first Chairman, Maurici Serrahima Bofill.
During the first few years, Junior FC played at the Olivareta ground, near Torrent d’en Senillosa, in Sarrià. In 1931 they rented some pitches at the end of the Avinguda Diagonal, in front of the Palau Real, where they remained until the end of the fifties when, as a result of the construction of the University Campus, they were forced to leave. In 1960, they moved to Sant Cugat del Vallès, where they have been based ever since.
With a surface area of 60,000 m2, Junior FC is one of the best sports clubs in Vallès. Thanks to an agreement with Fitnessalud, the almost 2,800 members are provided with modern and comfortable facilities where they can play their favourite sport, enjoy the benefits of the fitness and spa services and enjoy an intense social life.
Currently, football, field hockey, tennis and paddle tennis are the main sports that are played there, with almost 1,400 federation licences and more than a thousand players in sports schools. Up to fifteen athletes from Junior have competed in the Olympics in athletics and field hockey, winning four Olympic gold medals.
Junior’s emblem has remained unchanged since 1925, when then member, Santiago Goicoechea, won a competition to choose the design.